Bonjour de France!
This is where I am as I am writing this.
At my grandma’s home in the South West of France.
Three weeks ago, I had no idea I would be flying to France. There was no trip to France planned in my schedule for a while.
Monday, two weeks ago, as I was talking to my 101 years-old grandma over the phone, I found her voice and energy extremely low, lower than it has ever been.
My heart sank.
My grandma who I love very much recently spent three months at the hospital after falling and breaking her femoral neck last February. She has been back home for a few weeks but with limited autonomy and moving on a wheelchair. This has been extremely hard for her.
On that call, I heard my intuition speak very loudly:
“Go to France and see her. She needs your love and presence right now.”
On Friday, four days later, I bought my ticket.
On Saturday, I was on the plane to Paris.
On Sunday night, I was giving her a big hug.
This is an example of me following my intuition and taking inspired action aligned with my values.
3 of the keys of living a fulfilling life and career.
1. I listened to my intuition: I heard it very loudly. I don’t always hear it so loudly; this time was particularly clear. I initially resisted it. I had other plans; it required shifting things around, and facing disappointing people. It was hard. I faced some of my demons. But, everytime I would speak to my grandma the following days, it was so loud and clear that I could not resist it. I knew I had to go or I would regret it.
2. I took inspired action: This action was not planned or prepared. It was a spontaneous action guided by my heart and my intuition. It felt right. I felt inspired to do it. It did not feel forced or constrained. It emerged organically. I felt more alive as a result. This is what inspired actions look and feel like.
3. I aligned my action with my values: My grandma is one of the most important people in my life. I love her very dearly. She has given me so much love over the years. I wanted to give back and be present with her the same way she has been for me. Caring and showing acts of love to the people I love, especially my family, is a top value for me. Every time I act on this value, my life feels fulfilled, rich, and meaningful. This is what happens when you live according to your core values.
I am so glad I did all of these things. Since being here, my grandma has felt much better. I saw her regaining some vitality and strength. I fulfilled part of my purpose by being with her.
So, let me ask you,
How are you doing on these three keys?
- Do you listen to your intuition? or your gut feeling? (or inner guidance) Are you actually in touch with it? or do you listen to the voice of “should” and fears? Or do you even don’t know maybe because you have lost touch with your intuition for a long time?
- Are you taking inspired actions? or actions dictated by society and what people around you tell you “should” do? Do you wait to act until you have a super well crafted, impeccable plan?
- Are you living your life according to your values? Do you even know what your values are and what brings fulfillment and richness to your life? What your key ingredients and drivers of fulfillment are.
Check with yourself right now. This is important. This is your life.
If you answer no to most of the questions above, chances are that you are lacking significant fulfillment in your work or life.
And yes, these totally apply to work as well. They are essential to be happy in your work.
If so, what are you going to do this week to change that?
Or, if you answered yes to most of these questions:
What are you going to do to align even more your life and work with those keys?
Hit reply and tell me. I would love to hear and support you.
To you living your life and career on YOUR own terms.
This is what I stand for.