Last week, I went to the Ocean for some rejuvenation and rest.
As I was walking on the beach, my attention was caught by two women playing in the waves with a wetsuit on.
I had this thought: “wow that sounds fun. I wonder how that feels to go in the water in winter with a wetsuit on.”
I love playing in the Ocean and often wish the water was warm enough all year around to do so.
In the evening, I got this inkling to post on Facebook to ask about people’s experience with wetsuit in winter, and I added that ideally, I would like to try a wetsuit on before buying one to see how that feels.
Several Facebook friends commented on it with some great info. To my surprise, a friend who lives close by offered to lend me her wetsuit.
I messaged her right away and asked if I could borrow it the following day. We were not sure if it would fit me, but we decided to try.
The day after, I tried it on and it fitted me quite well.
I put it on and a couple of hours later, I was playing in the water with a wetsuit, like the women I saw only the day before.
I manifested the vision in only one day!
I even had the joy to swim close to dolphins and seals while in the water.
But the story does not end there…
In the evening, I felt compelled to tell my landlord about it. My landlord loves all kinds of water sports and adventures. I texted him about it without expecting or asking for anything, just for the fun of sharing and because I was called to do so. To my surprise, my landlord replied back that I could borrow his boogie board if I wanted.
So, a few days later, I was back in the Ocean with the wetsuit from my friend and the boogie board from my landlord.
Wow! I never expected that following the hints after seeing these two women in the water would lead me there! But it did.
And there is more to come and unfold from this.
After that, I got the inspiration of paddleboarding and kayaking with my landlord on the Bay. I texted my landlord and asked him about it. He said he would be happy to go kayaking with me on the Bay (he has two kayaks) and he can give me a guest pass to go paddleboarding in the Berkeley marina. I’m also playing with the idea of going to other beaches to play in the water. and buying my own wetsuit.
I’m sure there is more that will unfold as I follow the hints and inspirations I receive. Some big visions for my work and life in 2021 are emerging from this experience.
This is what happens when you follow your impulses, gut feelings, or intuition. It leads you to manifest things better than what you could have imagined. I see that over and over again for myself and for my clients.
What does that mean for you?
Well, what I did is follow the exact same steps I recommend my clients to follow when they are in the phase of making their vision for their career and their life a reality.
There are some of the steps I follow regularly to manifest what I want in my work and in my life.
Here are the 4 steps to manifest with ease:
1. Ensure you are in a state of openness and relaxation, rested, and present. Do whatever you need to be in that state. Go in nature, meditate, etc. whatever works for you. If your mind is busy or you feel scattered, tired, overwhelmed, or rushed, it won’t work.
2. Notice the things, activities, or people that catch your attention and interest. Stay with that interest. Be curious about it.
3. Follow the nudges, hints, or impulses you receive, however small and quiet they are and even if you doubt them or wonder why to follow them. Especially if you doubt them! Your mind will probably resist and bring you all kinds of “rational” reasons why you should not. Don’t listen to it. Just follow the nudge.
4. Take action on opportunities that arise. Don’t delay. Take the opportunity that presents itself in the moment and follow it.
Three weeks ago, I had no idea I would be flying to France. There was no trip to France planned in my schedule for a while.
Monday, two weeks ago, as I was talking to my 101 years-old grandma over the phone, I found her voice and energy extremely low, lower than it has ever been.
My heart sank.
My grandma who I love very much recently spent three months at the hospital after falling and breaking her femoral neck last February. She has been back home for a few weeks but with limited autonomy and moving on a wheelchair. This has been extremely hard for her.
On that call, I heard my intuition speak very loudly:
“Go to France and see her. She needs your love and presence right now.”
On Friday, four days later, I bought my ticket.
On Saturday, I was on the plane to Paris.
On Sunday night, I was giving her a big hug.
This is an example of me following my intuition and taking inspired action aligned with my values.
3 of the keys of living a fulfilling life and career.
1. I listened to my intuition: I heard it very loudly. I don’t always hear it so loudly; this time was particularly clear. I initially resisted it. I had other plans; it required shifting things around, and facing disappointing people. It was hard. I faced some of my demons. But, everytime I would speak to my grandma the following days, it was so loud and clear that I could not resist it. I knew I had to go or I would regret it.
2. I took inspired action: This action was not planned or prepared. It was a spontaneous action guided by my heart and my intuition. It felt right. I felt inspired to do it. It did not feel forced or constrained. It emerged organically. I felt more alive as a result. This is what inspired actions look and feel like.
3. I aligned my action with my values: My grandma is one of the most important people in my life. I love her very dearly. She has given me so much love over the years. I wanted to give back and be present with her the same way she has been for me. Caring and showing acts of love to the people I love, especially my family, is a top value for me. Every time I act on this value, my life feels fulfilled, rich, and meaningful. This is what happens when you live according to your core values.
I am so glad I did all of these things. Since being here, my grandma has felt much better. I saw her regaining some vitality and strength. I fulfilled part of my purpose by being with her.
So, let me ask you,
How are you doing on these three keys?
Do you listen to your intuition? or your gut feeling? (or inner guidance) Are you actually in touch with it? or do you listen to the voice of “should” and fears? Or do you even don’t know maybe because you have lost touch with your intuition for a long time?
Are you taking inspired actions? oractions dictated by society and what people around you tell you “should” do? Do you wait to act until you have a super well crafted, impeccable plan?
Are you living your life according to your values? Do you even know what your values are and what brings fulfillment and richness to your life? What your key ingredients and drivers of fulfillment are.
Check with yourself right now. This is important. This is your life.
If you answer no to most of the questions above, chances are that you are lacking significant fulfillment in your work or life.
And yes, these totally apply to work as well. They are essential to be happy in your work.
If so, what are you going to do this week to change that?
Or, if you answered yes to most of these questions:
What are you going to do to align even more your life and work with those keys?
Hit reply and tell me. I would love to hear and support you.
To you living your life and career on YOUR own terms.